Saturday, December 24, 2005

Landed in Barcelona

I landed at the Barcelona airport on 15 December 2005 thirty minutes past 1305 hrs (that´s because the flight was delayed).

I was in a mixed mood when I was carrying out the formalities at the airport...a lil thrilled for this new opportunity, a bit apprehensive for my check-in luggage...and at the same time home-sick already :P Its said that Only Change is permanent. But I must say that Only Change is also both bitter and sweet.

So, as I reached there to collect my check-in baggages, within 15 minutes of it all, I realised that both of my baggages have been misplaced. I filed a Luggage Irregularity Report after a lot of pains. I say `pains´because not many ppl could understand English. And I had trouble going to the concerned counter. People here are in awe of their native language Spanish. I found them inheretly friendly but they were of lil help as I speak no spanish. From here I proceeded towards the Sortida(`exit´ in spanish). I met my friend who had come to receive me and bursted into tears ( I am not sure but sometimes I cry because I want to :P)

By the way, the airline I was travelling with was Turkish Airways :P and this post is enough to warn the future passengers ;)

No comments: